What is this?
This is an app that rewards gym-goers by reimbursing them a certain amount in credit based on attendance. The amount per check in can range from $0.39-$0.77 and is available UP to 3x a week. What this means is that depending on the rate given you can earn somewhere between $5-$10 in credit every month (13 visits). Rates are determined by GymBursement LLC and involve factors such as geographic location and membership cost.
How to receive credit:
Be a member at a fitness center listed on the app.
Check in using the app (GPS verification required).
Upload a receipt monthly.
Users have the opportunity to earn up to 3 days in a calendar week.
How to redeem credit:
The only way to redeem credit is through purchases made in the online store.
Every item’s price is capped in terms of how much credit can be applied.
Once $60 is accumulated, the user must redeem some of the amount in order to continue using the app.
Click here to learn more
WHY CANT I CHECK IN?
BEFORE REACHING OUT TO US TRY THE FOLLOWING:
• MAKE SURE LOCATION SERVICES ARE ON BY GOING TO Privacy > Location Services > GymBursement
• Make sure you’re at the right address by looking at what’s listed under the check-in button. A lot of people go to more than one location.
• Check your data connection to make sure your signal is good.
There are many ways to fulfill the receipt requirement:
• Take a screenshot of your recent gym payment history. This is usually available on the gym’s own app/website.
• Email customer support or use the contact form on your gym’s website.
• Ask the front desk attendant for a print out.
• PAID TUITION AMOUNT FOR SEMESTER LISTED ON THE ONLINE STUDENT PORTAL.
FOR ANNUAL MEMBERS:
• FOR THE FIRST MONTH UPLOAD THE RECEIPT SHOWING THE LUMP SUM AMOUNT. FOR THE FOLLOWING MONTHS UPLOAD THE ATTENDANCE PAGE PROVIDED BY THE GYM. THIS CAN BE FOUND ON THE GYM’S OWN APP/WEBSITE IF THEY HAVE AN ONLINE MEMBER LOGIN SYSTEM. YOU CAN EVEN JUST ASK THEM AT THE FRONT DESK FOR A PRINT OUT.
is my gym eligible?
We have green-lit so many fitness centers that it’s not even funny. IF FOR SOME REASON AT SIGN UP TIME A GYM IS NOT ALLOWED TO BE ADDED, SIMPLY REACH OUT TO US TO SEE IF IT QUALIFIES.
FYI: WE EVEN ALLOW THE FOLLOWING FITNESS CENTERS IN A LIMITED CAPACITY:
COMBAT ARTS (MMA)
THE BARCODE THAT APPEARS AFTER CHECKING IN IS NOT REQUIRED TO BE SCANNED. IT IS SIMPLY A CONVENIENCE FEATURE FOR THOSE THAT HAVE KEYCHAIN TAGS. THAT WAY YOU DON’T HAVE TO PULL OUT BOTH, YOU CAN JUST HAVE THE BARCODE ON THE APP SCANNED.
do I have to check in?
In order to receive credit you MUST check in through the app. We cannot accept documents in order to replace this. We’re trying to make sure that we have a reliable verification system of our own. This also coupled with the monthly receipts helps us double down on any fraudulent accounts. The main reason for this is that since we’re putting up the money (not the gym) we need to have a confident set of procedures that doesn’t heavily rely on any third party. TBH a whole LOT of gyms make money on unused memberships! We’re trying to do the opposite :).
gaps in weeks?
The week begins on Monday and ends on Sunday for all US users. We did this to correlate with the common work week. Only weeks in which actual check-ins are done will be shown on the activity page. Don’t let this confuse you, if you only see week 2 and no first week that just means you signed up during the first week but didn’t check in.
my membership is free
Even if you have silver sneakers or receive a membership from work, you can still earn on the app. However it is best to reach out to us first since not all free memberships qualify.
THE REASON WE DO NOT GIVE OUT CASH DEPOSITS IS BECAUSE THE GYMS ON THE APP AREN’T THE ONES REIMBURSING. ALL OF THE CREDIT REWARDED IS BEING PROVIDED BY US. GIVEN THAT’S THE CASE, WE MADE IT OUR GOAL TO HELP FUEL INDIVIDUALS WITH THE ITEMS/PRODUCTS THEY NEED TO CONTINUE ON THEIR FITNESS JOURNEY. IN DOING SO WE AIM TO BUILD A PLATFORM THAT IS A GO TO PLACE FOR FITNESS RELATED MATERIAL (DIGITAL AND PHYSICAL).
THIS IS A COLLECTIVE EFFORT TO MOTIVATE EACH OTHER THROUGH A DIGITAL COLLABORATION. THE HOPE IS THAT YOU WILL PURCHASE ITEMS/SERVICES FROM OUR STORE NOT JUST BECAUSE OF THE CREDIT EARNED, BUT BECAUSE OF THE QUALITY/PRICE DEMONSTRATED. EVEN WITH ALL THAT, WE’RE STILL WORKING ON ADDING SOME CRAZY NEW FEATURES TO THE APP.
WILL MY RATE EVER INCREASE?
THIS WILL DEPEND ON HOW THINGS GO THIS YEAR, WE WISH WE COULD PROVIDE A FULL REIMBURSEMENT FOR ALL MEMBERSHIPS!. HOWEVER, WE’RE STILL SUPER NEW AND WE DON’T WANT TO END UP LIKE ANOTHER APP YOU MAY OF HEARD OF (NOT GOING TO SAY ANY NAMES, HAD TO DO WITH MOVIE TICKETS/PASSES). WITH THAT SAID, THERE IS CURRENTLY ONE WAY TO INCREASE YOUR RATE:
• EMPLOYERS - WORKING WITH AN EMPLOYER, WE CAN COME UP WITH A SUITABLE WELLNESS PROGRAM IN WHICH THE COST CAN BE MORE DISTRIBUTED. SINCE WE ALREADY PROVIDE A CERTAIN AMOUNT THEY WOULD JUST HAVE TO ADD TO THAT.
I workout at home
We plan on releasing some new features that would allow individuals to earn by working out at home. Currently there is no exact deadline but we hope to release it before the year’s end.
We’re working on the android version and hope to release it by the end of the Summer.
Any other questions?
Feel free to reach out, WE VALUE TRANSPARENCY | support@GymBursement.com | Facebook.com/gymbursement